Clinics & Services
- Bowthorpe Health Centre - antenatal clinics take place with the midwife, on Tuesday & Thursday mornings.
- Trinity Street Surgery - antenatal clinics are held by the midwife on alternate Monday mornings. Please phone your surgery to book an appointment.
- West Pottergate Health Centre, Wednesdays 09:30 to 12:00. Tel: 01603 877911
- Adelaide Street Health Centre, Tuesdays 09:30 to 11:30. Tel: 01603 622044.
Our practice nurses will be pleased to discuss any queries that you may have. Visit the NHS Immunisation website for more information.
Flu Vaccinations 2017
Appointments can be booked from 1st September 2017 for our Flu Clinics at Trinity Street Surgery & Bowthorpe Health Centre. Book an appointment at reception or call Trinity Street Surgery on 01603 624844 / Bowthorpe Health Centre 01603 748043. Clinics will be held in September and October 2017 for all eligible patients.
To protect people who are most at risk of serious illness if they develop flu, the Department of Health recommends flu vaccinations (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/flu/pages/prevention.aspx) for all patients aged 65 and over, if you are pregnant, or have diabetes or asthma. It is also recommended for patients, including children, who have chronic conditions affecting lungs, heart, liver, kidneys, spleen, or conditions affecting nervous or immune systems. All carers are also eligible.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner Clinics
Bowthorpe Health Centre has two fully trained advanced nurse practitioners who run minor illness clinics as well as chronic disease management clinics. They are available for same-day appointments and can deal with a wide variety of problems as well as prescribing medications.
When calling for an appointment a nurse practitioner clinic appointment may be offered if your problem lies within her area of expertise
The practice has part-time phlebotomists (specialists who take blood). If the doctor has requested a blood test please ring after 10:00 to pre-book a phlebotomy appointment.
(Bowthorpe & West Earlham) Health Visitors
Sure Start provides health, social and educational services to families with children under four in the Bowthorpe and West Earlham areas. The benefits of living in a Sure Start area include increased services such as midwifery, health visiting, speech and language therapy as well as extra play and educational facilities.
The Health Visitors are based at ‘Sure start’ Waldegrave, Bowthorpe; Tel : 0300 300 0123
Book to see the nurse if you need any of the following:
(Nurse appointments are pre-bookable, please call after 10:00)
- Asthma checks
- Cervical smear
- Contraception advice & pill re-issue
- Diabetic checks (unless under Bertram Clinic)
- Ear wash out
- Health promotion
- Hearing Tests
- Ring pessary changes
- Travel Vaccinations
- Weight problems / dietary advice
Some kinds of illnesses need long-term care and support which is offered by both doctors and nurses.
FREE NHS Health Checks
Make your wellbeing a priority by booking in for a free NHS Health Check.
If you are aged 40-74 you are entitled to a free 30 minute health check once every five years. It's the best defence against early signs of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and kidney disease.
Healthcare Assistant Services
The health care assistant can also see you for the following:
- Blood Tests
- Blood pressure checks
- Weight checks
- Urine dipstick testing
Electronic Prescription Service
We offer the Electronic Prescription Service, which allows you to choose or "nominate" a pharmacy to get your medicines or appliances from. Your GP then sends your prescription electronically to the place you nominated, this means:
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription, saving time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long as your repeat prescription could be prepared before you arrive.
Find out more at NHS Choices or view frequently asked questions